Get Hitched Abroad or Bring Your Foreign Fiance Into The U.S.?

Get Hitched Abroad or Bring Your Foreign Fiance Into The U.S.?

If you are a U.S. resident, you have got two application that is different so you can get an eco-friendly card (permanent resident status) for your soon-to-be partner.

If you’re a U.S. resident enthusiastic about the greatest technique to obtain an immigrant visa (green card) for the partner or fiancй(e) (and any kids), you probably already recognize the requirement for careful planning. The method is complex and needs navigation for the slim confines associated with the statutory fruitful site legislation plus the immigration bureaucracy.

In contrast to your belief of many U.S. residents in this example, your better half or fiancй, and any one of his / her kiddies, aren’t immediately assured a green card based on wedding to a U.S. resident. The discussion that is following a summary associated with the procedural solutions, including:

  • engaged and getting married overseas and obtaining an immigrant visa to enter the U.S as a lawful resident that is permanent
  • engaged and getting married offshore and getting a(K-3 that is nonimmigrant visa to go into the U.S. then signing up to adjust status in order to become a permanent resident, and
  • a nonimmigrant (K-1) visa to enter the U.S. as a fiance, then engaged and getting married and signing up to adjust status to be a resident that is permanent.

In selecting between these three possibilities, it’s also important to start thinking about factors such as your appeal liberties, whether any kiddies can come with your fiance or partner, whether it’s possible to have legal counsel present, and exactly how long the process takes. Continuar leyendo