In past classes, we’ve talked regarding how the “perspectives” from the ACT Writing test have a fairly predictable pattern. Two associated with the views reach the exact same conclusion, albeit for various reasons. The staying perspective disagrees utilizing the other two, either by arguing for an opposing point of view or if you take an “outside the box” approach to your subject.
One crucial result of this pattern is the fact that it is possible to make use of the essay that is same for virtually any ACT Writing project, regardless of real subject associated with the prompt and views. additionally, your essay framework does not must be extremely elaborate. A well-executed five paragraph essay is completely with the capacity of making that you 5 and even a 6 in just about every category. Understanding that, listed here is a five paragraph ACT Writing template modeled on a few of the highest-scoring sample that is official.
Let me reveal a five paragraph ACT Writing template modeled on a number of the highest-scoring sample that is official:
- Broadly state the essay subject (1 phrase)
- Provide context – paraphrase background info from prompt sentences that are(2-3
- State your thesis (1 phrase)
- 1 st Perspective in Agreement with Thesis
- Topic phrase – state perspective in your words that are own1 phrase)
- Introduce example/reason that supports viewpoint (1 phrase)
- Develop instance/reason (at the least 2 sentences)
- Explain how/why your instance/reason supports your thesis (1 phrase)